Monday, February 24, 2014

Apocalyptic Seattle

Do you ever wonder what your home will look like in 1000 years?  What if humanity is wiped out and our concrete forests are just left to the mercy of time and the elements?  I feel terrible for future generations, because although I might not live to see it, we will eventually run out of places to stuff our garbage, and it is inevitable that our natural resources will be depleted if we don't change our habits (clean oxygen, anyone?).
 
oil pastels on crappy paper


1 comment:

  1. Eww, that IS creepy! Nicely executed, too. Is the red/pink/orange background a methane atmosphere? That's what I think of when looking at it.

    The city I live in already looks pretty terrible to me, but I tend to think of my hometown, San Francisco, in conjunction with this, and I hate to say it, but it could easily look like your Seattle above. Although they apparently have been working hard on improving the amount of recycling they are doing, the smog thing is still a huge problem.

    ReplyDelete